At the end of 2014,with just a few days to the end,it is the very time to review my 2014 and look forward to a new 2015.
Frankly speaking,my previous 30 years are full of mess and frustration,no plan,no persistence,then unsurprisingly no achievements.Even after 8 years of work,I am still struggle with my career,having no idea of where is my exact place to make full use of my strength,passions and talent.Although Knowing IT is not my favorite career path,I still have been frustrated in that field for nearly 6 years.What is my strength?And what are my passions?No matter how many times I ask myself, the answer is still not very clear.I always say to myself,become yourself,do what you want to do and become the one you want to be.Keeping that in mind,I determine to find out my THE ONE job and my THE ONE partner.I am always on my road.
To some extent,this post is not just the review of 2014 but much like a review of my past thirty years life time.
Every coin has two sides.Looking back upon my past years,to me,life is just like an experiment in which I tried as many ways as I could to fulfill my journey.Most of the results are not what I expect at first.But in the end,I have to accept all and try to learn something from them.Thanks to these moments of setbacks,frustrations and difficulties,they taught me a lot.They taught me to keep persistent,focus and balance.I gradually begin to understand life is not easy but worthy trying.I should listen to my inner peace instead of external noise.
Now it is time to begin the process.
What went well
This list includes some of the things I went well in 2014 and also the year before.
- underwent my first travel in Yunnan(Dec 2011-Jan 2012)
- endeavor to be a volunteer in Lushan Earthquake(Apr 2012-May 2012)
- completed my second travel to Kangding,Ya’an,Zhengzhou,Beijing,Dalian,Yantai,Penglai and Tai Mountain(May 2012-Jul 2012)
- started my own business as making pancakes for 3 months(Oct 2012-Jan 2013)
- played tennis regularly to have a healthy body
- kept learning English to a new level,especially listening skill
- took part in a few business and commercial activities to broaden my horizon
- read some books
- found a new job in international trade to earn some money after nearly two years cash vacancy
What Did Not Go Well
Many points listed here have something in common which I found it’s difficult to express in detail,but I have to do as much as I could.
- gave myself too little time to try pancakes business,lack of patience and persistence
- bad cash flow,nearly no savings
- not going-well relationship,lack of determinations and braveness
- still behaved terrible in job work
In general,there are many aspects of my life need to improve,not only the process but also the outcomes.That is to say,I need to focus on the process and value the results.
Looking to my 2015,these below are the things I must accomplish.
- make a big progress of my English to a level that can write,listen,read and say it freely.Try to write at least one post every week.Try to practice oral English every month.Try to read a English book every month.
- find a job that can hold my dream and passion,needless to say support my life.
- learn photograph and try a new path.
- improve my finance situation having a saving of over 30,000.
- keep doing exercise regularly,such as continue to play tennis to a new level
- have a health relationships.Single or not is not a problem,but I have to keep myself happy and progressive.
Today is Christmas Eve.Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everyone.
Good luck 2015.